Over 55 Community Plymouth
For active adults who want to join a warm and welcoming over 55 community, Plymouth has Sawyer’s Reach. Sawyer’s Reach is Thorndike Development’s newest retirement community, nestled only one mile away from downtown historic Plymouth. A continuous sidewalk stretches from our neighborhood to the downtown, giving our homeowners a pleasant walk or bike ride into town. People flock to Plymouth to live the coastal lifestyle, enjoying fresh lobster and walking along the beach. Retire in this beautiful setting with Sawyer’s Reach. Explore the area!
Homes Tailored for the Over 55 Community in Plymouth
At Sawyer’s Reach, we’ve partnered with the nationally recognized architecture firm, Thorndike Development. Thorndike has won awards such as Best Active Adult Community in the Nation from the National Association of Homebuilders. The Thorndike team joined another award-winning firm, Union Studios, to design and build a series of 100 attached homes and 14 single-family condominiums for Sawyer’s Reach. Together, these two design teams created floor plans unique to our community. You won’t find homes like ours anywhere else in Plymouth.
We’ve designed all the homes in Sawyer’s Reach with a specific group of homeowners in mind. Thorndike and Union Studios created the homes to appeal to the over 55 community in Plymouth. View our floor plans. All our homes have first-floor master suites, complete with large walk-in closets and a master bathroom. Expansive windows throughout the home let in plenty of light, creating an open and airy space. The open concept floor plan is modern and convenient, enabling homeowners to easily entertain family and friends.
Our two main floor plan styles, Adams I and Billington, enjoy the following perks:
- Two bedrooms, two-and-a-half baths
- Attached two-car garage, fully dry walled
- Open concept floor plan
- Formal dining room
- First floor living area
- Beautiful conservancy views
- Granite countertops in designer colors
- Maple cabinets throughout
- Crown molding
- GE stainless steel gas appliances
- Luxurious master bedroom and en suite bath
When you move into the Sawyer’s Reach community, you enjoy the retirement experience you’ve always dreamed of. Our condominium fee covers all exterior home maintenance, including painting and lawn care, so you can relax and enjoy your home stress free. We’re also a pet- and pedestrian-friendly over 55 community. Plymouth residents looking for the ideal forever home in a quiet, peaceful, and engaging neighborhood should contact us for a property tour
Retire in Style: Personalize Your Home
At Sawyer’s Reach, we believe in giving our homeowners a say in the design of their townhomes. Our trained and skilled interior designer works closely with each homeowner to go over personalization options, such as the color of the granite countertops and the finish on the maple cabinets in the kitchen and bathrooms. Our Billington floor plan even has an outdoor garden that you can personalize to make the exterior of your home stand out. Personalization is one of the main perks of purchasing a new construction home. We welcome you to add a unique flair to your Sawyer’s Reach home, making it your own based on your tastes and design preferences.
Plymouth, MA: An Ideal Retirement Destination
Why choose an over 55 community in Plymouth? The list of reasons is endless. Plymouth is an ideal destination for active adults, with a variety of fun and exciting things to do just minutes from your Sawyer’s Reach home. Whether you picture retirement as reading the morning paper in the park or taking helicopter tours of the town, Plymouth has what you’re looking for. There’s something to do for everyone, no matter how active you want to be. Here are some of the things our residents enjoy doing in Plymouth:
- Museums and monuments. You can’t live in the town where the pilgrims first landed in 1620 without visiting at least one museum. We recommend Plimoth Plantation, a live history museum that gives visitors a taste of life back in the 17th century. At this museum, you’ll see the history of Plymouth Colony from the pilgrims’ and the native Wampanoag peoples’ perspectives. There’s also Plymouth Rock, Burial Hill, dozens of historical sites, and ghost tours.
- Arts and culture. On top of the numerous historical museums, Plymouth is also home to the North River Arts Society, Fuller Craft Museum, and other art facilities. The town is steeped in the arts, with theaters such as the Greater Plymouth Performing Arts Center, Priscilla Beach Theatre, Buckley Performing Arts Center, and the Americana Theatre Company. There are also seasonal festivals, choruses, and the King Richard’s Faire.
- Outdoor living. Plymouth is a quintessential piece of New England, with beautiful landscapes and sunsets over the Atlantic Ocean. There’s plenty of ways to enjoy the weather in Plymouth, from kayaking on the Billington Sea to hiking around the Myles Standish State Forest. Whether you’re in the mood to go lobster fishing, lounge on one of the many beaches, or take a treetop adventure at Heritage Gardens Park, you can do it all in Plymouth.
- Shopping. There are numerous shopping opportunities throughout Plymouth, in boutique and town center settings. Living in Sawyer’s Reach’s over 55 community in Plymouth puts you in the ideal location to enjoy all the local shopping venues just a mile or less away. From Farmers’ Markets to locally owned shops, you’re sure to find what you’re looking for. See what else is in our neighborhood.
Plymouth, MA is a wonderful fit for the retirement community. It’s the ideal blend of peaceful, beachside living and activities, providing something to do for all levels of physical ability. No matter how you imagined your retirement, we know you’ll love living at Sawyer’s Reach.
Contact Sawyer’s Reach for More Information!
If Sawyer’s Reach sounds like the ideal place to live our your golden years, contact us today. If you’d like to schedule a tour of our neighborhood, we’ll book you as soon as possible. As the newest Thorndike retirement community, Sawyer’s Reach is still growing. Make a pre-construction purchase for exceptional prices and maximum personalization choices! To learn more about our over 55 community, Plymouth residents can call (508) 591-3150.